A terrain model, or Digital Elevation Model (DEM), is a powerful planning tool that can be used for assessment or project design purposes. We offer terrain modeling services using elevation data generated by a variety of tools, including conventional rod and level, RTK GPS, total station, and LiDAR. We have the capacity to collect and model bathymetric data using our in-house sonar equipment. Collected elevation data is modelled using the ESRI suite of software.
Common applications of our terrain models include:
• Detailed physical freshwater habitat assessments, including the definition of gradient, habitat type, and bankful widths;
• Project construction design, including the calculation of cut and fill volumes;
• Fish passage probability based on slope analyses;
• Flood inundation modelling;
• Habitat suitability modelling; and
• Bathymetric map generation.
For more information or to discuss specific project requirements, please contact us.